Science and technology in India
Science and technology is a topic that encompasses science and technology, and the relations between the two. Science is a methodical project that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of explanations and predictions about nature and the universe. technology is the set of techniques, methods, or processes used in the manufacture of goods or services or in the achievement of objectives, such as scientific investigation, or any other consumer demands.
After independence, Jawaharlal Nehru initiated reforms to support higher education and science and technology in India., India is covering in science and technology compared to developed countries. India is gradually becoming independent in technology. With support of the government, great investment and development has incurred in different sectors such as agriculture, healthcare, space research, and nuclear power through scientific research. India is also gradually becoming independent in nuclear technology.
India ranks third among the most effective investment destinations for technology communication in the world. technology is a main concern area for the government and it aims to make people science-centric. Modern India has a strong focal point on science and technology, realizing that it is a key ingredient of economic growth. India is the top most countries among the other countries of research technology in the world in the field of scientific research, to be found as one of the top five nations in the field of space examination. The country has undertaken space missions on a regular basis, together with missions to the moon and the well-known Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
India is likely to take a most important role in launching satellites for the SAARC nations, generating profits by offering for use to other countries.
India ranks 6th place for scientific publications and India ranks 13th place at the Nature directory in 2017.
The Government of India is broadly promoting research parks technology business incubators (TBIs) and (RPs) which would support the innovative ideas till they become commercial ventures. India is world’s third largest technology startup center with incorporation of 1,000 new companies in 2017.
The achievements of the government in the past four years are Following:
- The first national state-of-the-art cGMP facility for production of herbal arrangements was launch in CSIR-IIIM. It has manufacture capacity of 30,000 tablets and capsules per hour and 500 liters of liquid per set.
- DBT launched the DBT-BUILDER scheme to increase advanced education and sponsorship of interdisciplinary research and technology development.
- The commission of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) launched 30 skill/training programmes in the areas of: leather processing; paints and coatings; electroplating and metal finishing; industrial maintenance engineering; bioinformatics; mechatronics; glass beaded jewelery, etc.
Areas of Development
Let us now talk about the different areas, which experience development with the advancement in Science and Technology −
- Higher education
- Scientific research and development
- Technological development
- Advancement of agricultural system
- Development of space science and technology
- Development of medical science and technology
- Development of transportation
- Information and communication technology
- Development in various fields of engineering
Likewise, India has well-built scientific and technological base that spreads across the country in the form of academic institutions, research and development laboratories, advanced medical center, experimental centers, and different advanced industries.
Because of the growth in all spheres of Science and technology, today, India is unquestionably a foremost developing country in the world.